- Grain Applications
- Dough Rheology
- Grain Falling Number
- Gluten Determination
- Handling and Sampling
- Protein & Moisture
- Food & Dairy
- Colour Analysis
- Data Acquisition & Logging
- Milk Analysis
- Modified Atmosphere Packaging / Gas Flushing
- Near-Infrared (NIR)
- pH and Temperature
- Refractometry & Density
- Stirring & Mixing
- Viscosity & Rheology
- Water activity / Moisture
- Weighing Solutions
- Soil, Science & Environment
Modern trends in the flour milling industry need mills to save costs through increased efficiency, while simultaneously the customer’s requirements on flour quality and product performance are ever increasing. Perten Instruments offers a wide range of analytical instruments that helps flour millers meet these demands:
•Instruments designed to help you save
•Instruments designed to help you improve quality and consistency
Flour has various uses. Bread’s flour performance requirements differ from cakes which differ from noodles which differ from bake mixes – thus creating the numerous flour type requirements. Flour is a dynamic product with both constituent and functional requirements. Components such as protein and ash generally dictate the end-use of flour. These parameters are rapidly analyzed using our NIR instruments – either in real-time on-line or at-line.
However, the fact that these specifications are met does not ensure the flour will perform as desired. Quality of the protein and starch is just as important as the quantity. The Glutomatic product measures protein quality, the doughLAB measures dough making capabilities of the protein, the RVA measures starch qualities important in noodle, cake, and cookie production, and the Falling Number Method ensures that sprout damage does not ruin the product.
Perten Instruments offers the tools you need for total quality assurance. Our instruments help you determine the qualities of the grain you purchase, monitor your milling process for optimal efficiency, and ensure that your final flours and bakery mixes meet specified quality and performance levels.
Test grain quality at intake
To produce the right flour, you need to buy the correct grain. Perten Instruments offers quick analyzers that provide instant test results. Verify the ingredients meet specifications before they enter your processing plant. Not only can you limit bad quality grain, but full quality information means you can pay for what you actually get – not what you asked for. Identification of large, out-of-spec shipments and the subsequent price variance can cover the costs of the analyzer.
- Our NIR instruments such as the DA 7200 determine protein, moisture and more in wheat in as little as 6 seconds. Additionally, for protein and gluten testing, the Glutomatic offers a world standard method for testing gluten quantity and quality.
- Detection of one single delivery of sprouted grain can pay for a Falling Number instrument. Mixing in as little as 5% sprout damaged grain can turn the whole silo into feed grade product.
- The SKCS 4100 with its accurate hardness, moisture, kernel weight, and kernel diameter measurements enable prediction of milling yield, allowing you to select the most suitable raw material.
Optimize your process
Monitoring and controlling the milling process is vital to effective production and profitability. Extraction, tempering, additive dosing and blending can all be optimized using NIR instruments from Perten.
- Maximize flour extraction and optimize blending without exceeding ash specifications. The accuracy and speed of our NIR analyzers will help you get more flour from your wheat.
- Optimize wheat blending or gluten addition for correct protein content. Avoid over-dosing expensive ingredients and improvers.
- Rapid and accurate moisture results let you optimize tempering times. Balance the needs of temper time, grain flow, and process.
- Monitor key parameters throughout the process to detect problems such as broken sieves instantly and to fine-tune mill settings. Monitor ash content, specks, starch damage and more.
Produce the right specification product
Use the doughLAB to measure water absorption, dough development time, stability, softening and other dough profile parameters. Use high energy mixing to replicate commercial mixing processes for wheat flour, durum, and semolina. Characterize product relevant formulations used for bread, noodles and pasta, novel dough formulations and flour with additives, improvers and correctors. Measure the heating and gelling characteristics of dough. You can even use the blending software tool and doughLAB results to ‘digitally’ blend multiple flours until the ideal blend for a given product is identified.
Showing all 10 results
DA 7250 – NIR Analyser
6-second NIR analysis of all types of samples, in any type of environment. …Read More
DA 7300 – NIR
On-line instrument for continuous analysis of moisture, protein, fat and …Read More
A versatile dough rheometer with variable temperature and variable energy …Read More
The international customary technique for determination of alpha-amylase …Read More
A product to test the gluten levels of your grain, allowing you to judge …Read More
NIR grain analyzer, which analyses grains and oilseeds in less than one …Read More
NIR for analysis of flour and semolina.Read More
Perten AM5200 Moisture Analyser
Determine moisture and Test Weight/Hectoliter Weight in all types of grains …Read More
RVA – Rapid Visco Analyser
A cooking, stirring viscometer with ramped temperature for testing the …Read More