- Food & Dairy
- Test Kits
- Colour Analysis
- Data Acquisition & Logging
- Milk Analysis
- Modified Atmosphere Packaging / Gas Flushing
- Near-Infrared (NIR)
- pH and Temperature
- Refractometry & Density
- Stirring & Mixing
- Viscosity & Rheology
- Water activity / Moisture
- Weighing Solutions
- Grain Applications
- Dough Rheology
- Grain Falling Number
- Gluten Determination
- Handling and Sampling
- Protein & Moisture
- Soil, Science & Environment
- Discontinued Products
Perten’s analytical instruments assist ethanol producers in improving efficiency. Whether you’re producing ethanol from agricultural feedstock, cellulosic materials like agricultural residues, dedicated energy crops, wood residues, or paper waste – Perten can help you analyze feedstock and enzymes, monitor production processes and assert specification of by-products.
- The DA 7200 NIR analyzes incoming and ground grain, fermentation stages and wet and dried distiller’s grain in a single instrument, with no sample preparation, in only 6 seconds.
- The DA 7300 NIR In-line provides real-time analysis of your DDG drying.
- The RVA is a miniature pilot plan which allows you to mimic liquefaction and test enzymes.
Perten Instruments has become a leader in quality control equipment for production of ethanol. Customers in North America, Europe and Asia, have improved their profitability and the reliability of their processes through use of Perten products.
Perten Instruments offersa variety of analytical tools which allow you to reduce costs and increase income.
Starch levels and quality in grain is linked to ethanol yield.
- The DA 7200 quantifies starch, moisture, protein, oil and more in few seconds.
- The RVA screens low paste viscosity grains and high tannin sorghums both of which are associated with low ethanol returns.
The DA 7200 observes key parameters in the yeast propagation, fermentation broth and beer well with the same accuracy as HPLC in 6 seconds and with no need for sample preparation. It is easy to use with a simple pour-and-place sample presentation.
- Determine DP3 and DP4 to optimize saccharification and boost yield.
- Monitor for lactic acid spikes as an advanced warning of infections.
- Quickly measure of ethanol, glucose, acetic acid and glycerol concentration track the fermentation.
The RVA may be used to enhance enzyme use and energy efficiency of lignocellulose hydrolysis and to improve mash viscosity to minimize energy consumption and potential for incomplete starch gelatinization which is associated with low ethanol returns.
Co-product quality control
The profitability of an ethanol plant is highly impacted by how co-products are handled.
- The DA 7200 Benchtop NIR and the DA 7300 In-line NIR help you enhance DDG moisture content. This saves energy, and makes sure you are not selling a product which contains less moisture than specified. The DA 7300 offers real-time analysis of moisture in your DDG. The DA 7200 Benchtop NIR can analyze moisture in both DDG and Wet Distiller’s Grain.
- The DA 7200 lets you measure syrup solids content to determine its value as a fuel.
- Analyze the DDG in the DA 7200 to assert the content of protein, fiber, ash and other components. Especially the protein content will determine the price you can ask for your DDG.
What you can analyze
A wide range of properties can be determined with great accuracy using analyzers from Perten Instruments. The most commonly determined parameters are:
Moisture, Starch, Protein, Oil, Fiber, Ash – DA 7200 and IM 9500
Fermentable starch in grains, high tannin sorghums – RVA
Yeast propagation, Fermentation broth, Beer well
Ethanol, Glucose, Maltose, Lactic acid, Acetic acid, Glycerol, Brix, Dextrins (DP4+), DP3 – DA 7200
Mash viscosity, lignocellulose liquefaction – RVA
Research has also been done on using the RVA for determination of thermostable endoglucanases in the liquefaction. Click here to read an article about this research».
Wet Distiller’s Grain
Moisture – DA 7200
Dried Distiller’s Grain
Moisture, Protein, Starch, Crude fiber, ADF, NDF, Ash – DA 7200 and DA 7300
Showing all 3 results
NIR grain analyzer, which analyses grains and oilseeds in less than one …Read More
Perten AM5200 Moisture Analyser
Determine moisture and Test Weight/Hectoliter Weight in all types of grains …Read More
RVA – Rapid Visco Analyser
A cooking, stirring viscometer with ramped temperature for testing the …Read More